Janet Castillo is a Dance and Performance coach, and TV Host and Producer of the WORK IT! TV Show. Her mission is to use dance as a tool to inspire and empower people to live with joy and on purpose. From beginner to professional, she has impacted hundreds of students with her energy, passion, and creativity. With over a decade of professional experience as a dancer and choreographer, she has worked with high-profile artists and brands including Jennifer Lopez, Christina Milian, So You Think You Can Dance, Much Music, the Latin Grammys, TEDx, Canadian and American Idol Finalists, PAN AM Games, the Olympic Committee, and was the dance captain of a touring musical co-produced by Tyler Perry and Cedric the Entertainer. Once Janet became a wife and mom, she stepped away from the dance industry to focus on her family and worked a stable 9-5 job. After years of feeling that something was missing, she stepped back into the dance studio and returned to her true calling. She then quit her job, became the host and producer of a tv show, and has been on a mission to share her love of dance and the power it has to transform lives both on and off the dance floor. Her WORK IT! dance courses and programs are helping women to step into their power, become fearless and live freely in the moment.
In this episode:
- Communication is key in setting each week up for success. Have clarity on the schedule, expectations, and needs for the week ahead.
- The paper vs. digital calendar debate! What is the strategy that you prefer to keep track of “all the things”? Or do you like using both?
- Unleashing your passion can create a sense of joy and fulfillment that allows you to be the best version of yourself.
- What is possible on the other side? If you are looking to make a change, do the research, have the conversations, and if it just feels right, take the leap!
- Dance is a state of joy. We all have that favourite song or playlist that we can’t help moving to or dancing to when we hear it!
- The many benefits to moving your body! Taking even a few minutes can help with focus, clarity, productivity, and so much more! Don’t overthink it. Just get moving!
- Know that you are worth it. Prioritize scheduling time for you in your day, be authentic by taking ownership of your feelings, and communicating clearly what you do and don’t want and need.
- What does your family stand for? What are the words and values that your family wants to be in all that you do?
Connect with Janet:
- Instagram: @workitjanet https://www.instagram.com/workitjanet/
- Facebook: @workitjanet https://www.facebook.com/workitjanet
- Website: https://janetco.live
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/WorkItJanet
Mentioned by Janet:
- Book: Feck Perfuction by James Victore https://bit.ly/feckperfuction
Connect with Tiana and The Part-Time Jungle:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/parttimejungle/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/parttimejungle/
- Website: https://theparttimejungle.com